Subscribe via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Oct 13, 2013
- The MET Orchestra
James Levine, Music Director and Conductor
- Joyce DiDonato, Mezzo-Soprano
- VERDI Overture to I vespri Siciliani
- CARTER Variations for Orchestra
- ROSSINI Giovanna d'Arco (orch. Salvatore Sciarrino)
- MOZART “Deh, per questo istante solo” from La clemenza di Tito
- MOZART “Non più di fiori” from La clemenza di Tito
- BEETHOVEN Symphony No. 7
Having “triumphed at the Met in several Rossini roles” (The Classical Review), Joyce DiDonato joins The MET Orchestra on the Carnegie Hall stage “to demonstrate her coloratura wizardry with dazzling runs, trills, and roulades” (The New York Times) in another of Rossini’s works—his dramatic cantata that runs the gamut of technical and emotional demands. Also on the program are arias from Mozart’s La clemenza di Tito, as well as works that showcase a wide range of orchestral color and virtuosity by Beethoven, Carter, and Verdi.